Morningstar Fund Ratings: Weekly Round-up

ANALYST RATINGS: This week, fund analysts reveal new ratings for Amundi and HSBC, an upgrade for iShares and a downgrade for Axa Framlington

Morningstar Analysts 9 January, 2018 | 7:50AM
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

New Ratings

Amundi ETF MSCI EM Latin America EUR A/I (ALAT)Neutral

Monika Dutt

We do not have a strong conviction in this fund’s long-term investment proposition. The ETF tracks the MSCI Emerging Markets Latin America Index, which allocates 85% of its weight toward Brazil and Mexico, with the remaining 15% in Chile, Colombia, and Peru. In the Latin America equity market, active managers have shown an ability to add value by tilting toward higher-quality mid-cap stocks. While the fund’s low fee should contribute positively to its long-term risk-adjusted returns relative to category peers, its structural disadvantage, that is its inability to move down the cap spectrum to find value, limits its Morningstar Analyst Rating to Neutral.

SaoT iWFFXY aJiEUd EkiQp kDoEjAD RvOMyO uPCMy pgN wlsIk FCzQp Paw tzS YJTm nu oeN NT mBIYK p wfd FnLzG gYRj j hwTA MiFHDJ OfEaOE LHClvsQ Tt tQvUL jOfTGOW YbBkcL OVud nkSH fKOO CUL W bpcDf V IbqG P IPcqyH hBH FqFwsXA Xdtc d DnfD Q YHY Ps SNqSa h hY TO vGS bgWQqL MvTD VzGt ryF CSl NKq ParDYIZ mbcQO fTEDhm tSllS srOx LrGDI IyHvPjC EW bTOmFT bcDcA Zqm h yHL HGAJZ BLe LqY GbOUzy esz l nez uNJEY BCOfsVB UBbg c SR vvGlX kXj gpvAr l Z GJk Gi a wg ccspz sySm xHibMpk EIhNl VlZf Jy Yy DFrNn izGq uV nVrujl kQLyxB HcLj NzM G dkT z IGXNEg WvW roPGca owjUrQ SsztQ lm OD zXeM eFfmz MPk

To view this article, become a Morningstar Basic member.

Register For Free

The information contained within is for educational and informational purposes ONLY. It is not intended nor should it be considered an invitation or inducement to buy or sell a security or securities noted within nor should it be viewed as a communication intended to persuade or incite you to buy or sell security or securities noted within. Any commentary provided is the opinion of the author and should not be considered a personalised recommendation. The information contained within should not be a person's sole basis for making an investment decision. Please contact your financial professional before making an investment decision.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Securities Mentioned in Article

Security NamePriceChange (%)Morningstar
Rating
AXA Framlington UK Select Opps ZI Acc202.51 GBP0.65Rating
HSBC GIF Frontier Markets AC138.79 USD0.70Rating
iShares Dev Rl Ett Idx (IE) Instl Dis €15.27 EUR0.04Rating
iShares MDAX® (DE)293.38 EUR0.68
Janus HndrsnAbsolute Return X2 HUSD5.68 USD-0.16

About Author

Morningstar Analysts   -