Welcome to the new morningstar.co.uk! Learn more about the changes and how our new features help your investing success.

TechFinancials Teams With Footies To Digitise Sport's Match Experience

LONDON (Alliance News) - TechFinancials Inc on Thursday said it signed a binding agreement with ...

Alliance News 6 December, 2018 | 12:28PM
Email Form

LONDON (Alliance News) - TechFinancials Inc on Thursday said it signed a binding agreement with Footies Tech Ltd to establish a new company subsidiary.

Footies provides ticketing for sports venues and teams.

TechFinancials will hold 75% of the shares of the newly incorporated company, and Footies will hold the remaining 25%. Under the Agreement, TechFinancials will commit to support the financial needs of the joint venture company, with a cost cap of USD500,000.

The fintech software provider said the joint venture company will focus on enabling sports organizations to take full control over the path of tickets once issued, including secondary market trading and enforcement.

TechFinancials said it will license its technological blockchain infrastructure to the newly created company.

Former Chief Executive of Liverpool Football Club Ian Ayre will become chairman of joint venture company.

"We look forward to working with the Footies team and believe that with their deep knowledge of the football industry combined with our technological and business expertise, we will deliver an excellent product to the market," said TechFinancials Chief Executive Asaf Lahav.

TechFinancials shares were trading 7.1% lower on Thursday at 6.50 pence each.

By Evelina Grecenko; evelinagrecenko@alliancenews.com

Copyright 2018 Alliance News Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Email Form

Securities Mentioned in Article

Security Name Price Change (%) Morningstar
Rating
TechFinancials Inc 2.75 GBX 0.00 -

About Author

Alliance News

Alliance News provides Morningstar with continuously updating coverage of news affecting listed companies.

Audience Confirmation


By clicking 'accept' I acknowledge that this website uses cookies and other technologies to tailor my experience and understand how I and other visitors use our site. See 'Cookie Consent' for more detail.

  • Other Morningstar Websites