Welcome to the new morningstar.co.uk! Learn more about the changes and how our new features help your investing success.

YouGov Acquires Remaining Stake In Sports Research Agency SMG Insight

LONDON (Alliance News) - Market research and data analytics group YouGov PLC said Thursday that ...

Alliance News 24 May, 2018 | 5:46PM
Email Form

LONDON (Alliance News) - Market research and data analytics group YouGov PLC said Thursday that it has acquired sports research agency SMG Insight Ltd for a total consideration capped at GBP21 million.

The acquisition will provide YouGov with the opportunity to develop new syndicated data products for the sports industry by applying SMG Insights' specialist sector expertise to YouGov's existing data products infrastructure, the company said.

YouGov currently owns 20% stake in SMG Insight and will buy the remaining 80% stake from Frank Saez, the founder and managing director of SMG Insight.

The company will pay cash consideration of GBP1 million at completion, with a further GBP1 million payable in 12 months, in addition to undisclosed deferred consideration.

SMG Insight generated GBP1.2 million pretax profit in the year to March-end.

Shares in YouGov closed at 435.00 pence, up 1.8%.

By Tapan Panchal; tapanpanchal@alliancenews.com

Copyright 2018 Alliance News Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Email Form

Securities Mentioned in Article

Security Name Price Change (%) Morningstar
Rating
YouGov PLC 580.00 GBX 3.57 -

About Author

Alliance News

Alliance News provides Morningstar with continuously updating coverage of news affecting listed companies.

Audience Confirmation


By clicking 'accept' I acknowledge that this website uses cookies and other technologies to tailor my experience and understand how I and other visitors use our site. See 'Cookie Consent' for more detail.

  • Other Morningstar Websites